Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall is in the Air

I absolutely love Fall. It is my favorite season, hands down. I love it when the air starts to get cool and I can open my windows. Fresh air flowing through the house makes such a big difference in my life. I love sleeping with the windows open at night so I can snuggle down in my blankets. I love being able to wear pants and long sleeve shirts without wearing a jacket. I love warm cozy sweaters and cute boots. In California we had Fall for much longer than we do here, in fact Winter was Fall weather most of the time. Right now it is raining outside and I am loving it. This calls for a big bowl of soup tonight, did I mention that I also love soup?!
Last week I helped out with Chase's Kindergarten Field Trip up at Nunn's Park in Provo Canyon. We played Fall Games, made Fall Crafts and went on a Nature Hike up to Bridal Veil Falls. The kids each had a paper sack and a little book that told them what things they needed to collect. It was so much fun. I think I'll have to do something like this for a family night or something. I had some really cute kids I was in charge of and they were pretty funny on our hike. One little boy was worried and afraid about everything. Whenever he heard a big truck rolling down the road he would say, "I think I heard a bear." I would reassure him that there weren't any bears around and he would reply, "I really don't like bears." Too funny.
The other night we went up South Fork Canyon and enjoyed the beautiful autumn colors on the trees. So pretty! I took some pictures of the kids and they turned out pretty cute but I totally forgot to take pictures of the scenery. Duh! I guess I can only think about one thing at a time.
I'll put the pictures up sometime after I've played around with them in photoshop a bit. I was thinking of trying to make them look hand tinted on a sepia background. I really want the fall colors to stand out. I'll see what I can come up with!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love fall too. I need to spend some time in the mountains before I miss it! It's too short! --Carrie

MiNdY said...

I hear ya, there is just something about fall that doesn't compare to the rest of the seasons. Its more relaxing to me, time to slow down. Or TRY to anyway.
Sounds like a super fun field trip! I bet he loved having you there!
And I cannot wait to see your pictures! I need to get up and take some fall pictures before its too late!

Smarties said...

I love Fall too! Other than freezing my patootie at the BYU game last week, it has been a gorgeous month! Looks like you guys are having fun. I want your zucchini parmesean recipe!! And we need to get together sometime.