Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. The kids had all made me some cute gifts at school. Chase painted me a picture and on Friday his class sang all the mothers a couple of songs and the teacher had roses for them to give their moms. So sweet! Hunter gave me a flower to plant and a cute little poem about how Mom's Rule! Michela gave me a flower to plant as well and made me a cute little magnet with a card. Here is a picture of my loot!












I was a little worried about the primary kids singing in Sacrament meeting, but they pulled it off and made me proud. The Bishopric handed out a great CD for all of the Moms. After church Mike took a cute picture of me with my four beautiful children. I had to bribe the 3 older ones to smile for the picture with promises of treats. Oh well, at least I got my picture.













Mike's family came over for dinner. Mike cooked his delicious lasagna and we had plenty of other good food as well. It was a beautiful day and it was fun hanging out in the backyard with all of the family. It was a great day, except now I have to clean up! 












Being a Mom is what I always wanted to be. Even when I was in Elementary school I remember we made these dolls to look like ourselves and we had to come up with stories of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I wrote that I wanted to be a singer and a Mom. When I was getting ready to graduate from BYU one of my teachers asked me what I was going to do after I was done with school. I told her I was ready to start my family and she looked at me like I was crazy. She thought I was going to say that I wanted to start my own clothing line or go to New York to try and work for a designer. I've always understood the importance of being a Mom, probably because I had such a wonderful Mom myself. She was always there for us, took such great care of us and supported me in whatever I did. She is one of my best friends and I love her dearly. I'm also so thankful for my Mother-in-law. She did such a great job of raising my wonderful husband and she has always been such a great friend to me. I feel so lucky to have two great Moms in my life. Thanks to all of the great Moms in my life who teach me so much and who are such great examples to me of what Mothers should be.

3 comments:

Kris Tina said...

What a sweet post. Seriously - you are an awesome mom - just look at the smiles on those kids (even if they are bribed).

MiNdY said...

That was a sweet post. You are great! Thanks for having us all over. Its always a joy. Thanks for everything you do!

Carrie and Emily said...

Mauri--
Love it. Thanks for the "go mom" post. Have you checked out Jen Oldroyd's CEO mom website? You would have so many good tips to add to it!
--CARRIE