I've been feeling rather unfit these days. After having Laina, almost 2 years ago, I haven't been exercising too much and eating way too much junk. When I got pregnant with Laina I got really sick and wasn't able to eat much during the pregnancy and felt too crappy to do much exercising. All of my hard work of the two years before went up in smoke. I felt my muscle tone slacking and saw the weight creeping back into places I had worked so hard to lose. Let's just say when Laina was born I was so ready to start exercising again. The problem came when I started to realize that my baby wanted to scream more than sleep and thought naps were for the birds. I was exhausted, left with no time for myself, and incredibly depressed. Enter the emotional eating. I've always been an emotional eater, but I think I took it to a whole new level as I sunk deeper and deeper into depression. I tried to put on a happy face, but inside I felt alone, sad, angry, and hated myself. I lashed out at the people I loved and I had no energy to do much of anything. I was in a serious funk.
The last 6 months or so I've been trying to pull myself out of the black hole I had fallen into. I have started and stopped many an exercise regime, but have continued to fill the void inside of me with sweets. About a week ago something inside of me just snapped. The catalyst might have been a picture of me with Chase's soccer team that I have been coaching. Let's just say I looked gross. Of course I started cramming more junk in my mouth because I felt so bad about myself. One day as I was eating a candy bar I realized I didn't even like what I was eating. It tasted disgusting and I felt disgusting. Something had to change.
I heard about this diet and exercise plan online and it is not for the faint of heart. There are five cycles of five days each. One of those days is a complete fast day, only drinking water and taking protein supplements throughout the day. Guess what day I am on? I figure if I just stay really busy I can make it through the day. Let's keep our fingers crossed and say a little prayer for me. Along with the diet plan there is hard core strength training and HIIT routines. I will be working out 3 times today. One down this morning, two to go. Why am I taking such a drastic step? Because at this point I need a big slap upside the head and a big kick in the booty to jumpstart my life back onto the path I need to be on. Why am I telling you all about this? Because I need some support and I feel like maybe I can be more successful if others know what I'm doing so I have someone to be accountable to.
So it is only day 2 of my 25 day plan and I know I have a long way to go, but I am so determined to see this through. I guess when I had my birthday I realized I need to get going on getting healthy again, because the big 40 isn't too far away. Along with getting healthy, I want to work on my style and get myself out of frumpyville.
So here's to hoping I can do this and don't turn into a grouchy beast while I'm doing it. The good news is there is a cheat day every five days. I should be able to hold out for 5 days, don't you think?
2 comments:
This is actually really really really exciting. I am in the midst of this same thing. Let's talk!
I seemyself heading down the same road as you traveled... the rough pregnancy, the screaming baby, feeling tired and depressed! aghh! I'm glad I read your post so I can see the signs before I get in a funk too deep! Wish me luck in maintinaing my own health!
Although I think you look great, thanks for sharing your thoughts and your motivation. Good luck! I think your goals are great, and what's more important is how you feel. You've motivated me to do better!
Post a Comment