We had a lovely low key Father's day for Mike. Michela and I made him a yummy blueberry breakfast cake and some oh so delicious turkey bacon. Actually I think Michela and I ate more bacon than anyone else. :) We gave him some grill ware, a new picture of the kids for his office, and a bunch of licorice. We also included a little interview of the kids that Michela did. She asked the kids a bunch of questions and put the funniest answers on it. Here are a few of the questions and answers.
What is Daddy's Name? Da Daddy (Laina)
How Tall is Dad? 5' 4" (Chase) I'm sure Mike loved that one.
What is Dad's favorite thing to do? Nap (Hunter)
What is Dad's favorite food? Pasketti (Aria)
What is Dad's favorite sport? Mountain Biking (Michela)
I love Dad because:
He likes treats almost as much as me (Michela)
He takes me to play golf. (Hunter)
He makes us cookies. (Chase)
He tickles me. (Aria)
My Daddy. (Laina)
I think this and the picture were his favorite gifts.
After church we headed over to Matt and Sara's house for dinner. Of course Peggy made her one of a kind cinnamon rolls for all the men in the family. It is a pretty special honor to have Peggy make them for you. And I had to snap a picture of Mike with his Dad. Larry is such a wonderful father and has been a great example to his kids. Mike is lucky to work with him and see him every day. Mike has learned many wonderful things from him and I think he is one of the major reasons Mike is such an amazing Dad himself. The kids and I love Mike so much and are so thankful for all his does for our family!

No comments:
Post a Comment