Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Night Out with Michela

On Saturday Michela and I spent quite a lot of time together.  In the afternoon I watched her in her first soccer game of the spring season.  They won easily and it was a great start for the team after the long winter break.

That evening we drove up to Salt Lake to go to the Young Women's Broadcast at the Conference Center.  It was gorgeous spring weather so we walked around the new City Creek Center and had dinner there at a yummy little bakery cafe called Hagermann's Bake House & Cafe.  We both got soup and sandwich combos and the food was delicious.  The bread was to die for!

The meeting was fabulous.  There was a young women's choir and all of the Young Women's Presidency spoke.  The closing speaker was President Monson and I so enjoyed his talk.  I hope Michela got something out of it and felt the wonderful spirit that was there. 
Outside of the Conference Center they had flags and banners in the value colors.  It was a beautiful sight to see them waving above all of the lovely and righteous young women in attendance.
We walked across Temple Square and admired the flowers and the cherry blossoms that were starting to bloom.





After the meeting we walked around City Creek for a little bit longer.  It is really pretty and there are a lot of fun shops and restaurants.  We didn't get to see very much, but we definitely want to go back there and explore some more.  We felt like we were at a big celebrity party when we had to wait in line to get into H&M.  It was pretty funny.
On the way home we stopped for shakes at In 'n Out and sipped on them the whole way home while we talked and sang along with the radio.  Such a fun night hanging out with my newly teenage daughter.  I'm looking forward to many more nights like this one.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Sounds like a blast! What a great girls night out! I just sent you an email suggesting we go to City Creek, and then I saw your blog post...how funny! We'll have to go again sometime.

Anonymous said...

So neat you did that! What a wonderful memory! Love the photos!

I just finished Grey Wolf Throne by Chima and just love the series. So sad I can't just read the last one right now. Help me! What can I read next? Sorry to be so needy. I just loved The Seven Realms and King and Queen of Attolia. Both your recommendations.