Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Michela is Officially a Teenager

Michela turned 13 years old today.  I cannot believe it!  I'm not old enough to have a teenage daughter!  :)  Time is just going by too quickly these days and before I know it she will be off to college.  Yikes!  Michela is such a big help to me, I don't know what I would do without her.  She keeps us constantly laughing and has the greatest sense of humor.  She is beautiful, creative, smart, a good friend, sister, and daughter.

Here are 13 Things About Michela:
1.   She has a bit of a Sassy Streak.
2.   She Loves to Try and Stay Up Late by Getting Multiple Drinks and Asking Lots of Questions.
3.   She Plays Violin and was recently named First Chair and Concert Mistress.
4.   Her Soccer Team is called the Pink Panthers.  She is an Awesome Defensive Player.
5.   She likes to Make Up Plays and Make Funny Videos with her Brothers.
6.   She is Obsessed with her iPod Touch.
7.   She is a Fabulous Babysitter.
8.   She LOVES Candy and Raspberry Bread Pudding from Kneaders.
9.   She likes to Buy Herself New Clothes, usually from Old Navy.
10. She Sings Along to the Radio, just like Mom.
11. She likes to Bake but doesn't like to Clean Up the Dishes.
12. She Loves being Outside.
13. She REALLY wants to Go to Disneyland this Year.

I started off her birthday morning with some Swedish Pancakes.  She made me laugh when she said, "I didn't know you could make Swedish Pancakes."  Mike usually makes them, they are his family's recipe, but I do know how to make them.
I also surprised her with a mint brownie from Kneaders at lunch, but she didn't seem all that happy to see me at school.  Is she already starting to become embarrassed by her Mom?!
It was a busy day today, so  we didn't get to presents until after her orchestra concert.
The only thing she had asked for was a Ukelele from Hawaii.  Mike and I found a nice one while we were in Maui and hid it once we got home so we could save it for her birthday.  She was so surprised and so excited.  She is already trying to figure out the chords.

Her birthday "cake" was raspberry bread pudding from Kneaders.  Her and I are addicted to the stuff.  I only had a #3 candle so we used a toothpick for a 1.  It actually kind of worked as a candle.
It was a good night and a good reminder of how much we love this beautiful girl of ours.  I can still remember how much I adored her as a cute chubby baby.  Now I adore her even more and admire the wonderful young woman she has become.  Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! Happy birthday to a beloved girl! Welcome to the teenage world!

P.S. Elise and Lauren are going crazy over the new Ally Carter book right now. Fighting over who gets to read it. Have to read it aloud to each other.

Chelsea said...

13 years! wow! can't believe it...seems like we were just teaching together in the Beehives and now you have one of your own!

Lynette said...

I can't believe she is 13 either!!! Wow!! Time has sure flew by. It's kinda fun seeing all the kids turn into teenagers though even though it makes me feel really old. My kids were just teens so it's crazy that my nieces and nephews have teenagers.
Happy Birthday Michela!! Whoo-Hoo!

Sharon said...

How can Michela be thirteen? It seems like just yesterday, you were thirteen!! Time flies. I remember that I met Lucio right after Michela was bor