![]() |
| Jaxon is such a cutie! |
We were finally able to squeeze in a week to California. We left right after Chase's baptism and drove through the night. We got there around 3:30 in the morning and were never so glad to fall into bed. Unfortunately the kids slept in the car so they were up and ready to go the next morning, no sleeping in late for Mommy! We were able to spend lots of time with my Mom, my brother Craig, my brother Steve, his wife Shannon, and their baby Jaxon.
Sunday was a day to recuperate and relax. Monday I took the kids down to the botanical gardens for a nice little walk. I used to love going there when I was younger. I would pack a lunch, grab a book and spend the better part of the day wandering around or finding a comfy place to sit and read. How awesome is it to have a botanical garden practically in your backyard!
Here are the kids sitting on a cool bench near the entrance.
There are lots of ponds throughout the garden, but this one is the biggest and it is full of big fat koi fish.
I kept warning the kids to stay away from the edge, but they wouldn't listen.
Michela ended up losing her balance and came away with a soaking wet shoe.






We stopped in the shade and the older three climbed the big rock at the bottom of the garden.


Aria kept Laina happy.
Beautiful flowers to look at.

It was a good first adventure for the trip and helped us work in a little exercise as well. I was so happy to get out of the heat of Utah and enjoyed the mild temperatures of the Bay Area. I was so happy to see the fog the first morning we were there. It was so beautiful outside when we went walking, it was a perfect day with the kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment