Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chase's Baptism Day

August 6th was baptism day in the Staker family. We started off the morning by attending our nephew Trevan's baptism in Provo. They had a nice program and then their ward, luckily, were the first ones to do their baptisms. Trevan and another boy from his ward were baptized and both had to be dunked twice because of knees popping up out of the water. I told Chase to remember to keep his knees down. After the baptism we went over to Matt and Sara's house for a little lunch. I was worried the kids would end up dirty and covered in food by the time we got to Chase's baptism, but luckily the only mishap was some juice on Aria's dress.Chase's baptism was in the afternoon and he was baptized along with one girl from our ward. Chase was so anxious and excited to get baptized. He is such a sweet kid and I know he felt special that day.
His baptism went off without a hitch and his Dad gave him a sweet blessing and confirmation. Here is a picture of Chase with the men who stood in the circle to help confirm him.

Grandpa Larry, Uncle Brian, Uncle Matt, Mike, Bishop Weitzel, and Ben Peterson.

I totally got choked up leading the closing song which Chase picked out, "I Love to See the Temple." I just felt the spirit so strongly and felt so grateful for this wonderful family of mine and for the sealing ordinances in the temple. I am so thankful I can be bound together with my family for all eternity. What a wonderful and beautiful day we had.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Happy Baptism day Chase!!!

Chelsea said...

Baptisms are one of my favorite meetings to attend (other than the primary sacrament meeting)! The spirit is always so strong, and it's such a sweet, tender moment! congrats on the wonderful day for your family and the big step for Chase!