This morning we went to Mike's parents' house for a family pancake breakfast. His sister Megan and her family just arrived from Oregon and we wanted to get July started off with a little fun. I had to wake the kids up so we could get there on time. That meant dragging them out of bed and throwing them in the car in their PJs. Since I still had a house to clean after breakfast I came in my lovely sweats and ponytail. :) Mike and his brother Matt biked out to their parents' house in Lehi. We caught up with Mike right before we pulled into the neighborhood. The kids had fun yelling out the windows at their Dad as we passed by.
The kids were so excited that the trampoline was set up in the backyard. I had to practically
pull each of them off to get them to sit down and eat some breakfast.
Michela and Aria.
Chase getting some air.
Michela doing a front flip.
Hunter trying out some crazy moves.
We were treated to the artistic stylings of Megan on the pancake griddle.
Her trick is a mustard bottle full of pancake batter. First she draws the outline and any details.
She lets that cook to a nice golden brown and then fills it in with more batter.
After that cooks a bit, she flips it and cooks the other side.
The outline is cooked longer so it turns out darker than the rest of the pancake. Chase got a Monkey.
Laina got a Happy Face.
Hunter requested a Shark.
I got a cute Penguin.
I kept yelling out whatever popped into my head trying to stump her. She's too good though, she was whipping up all kinds of wonderful creations.
We couldn't stay long though, we had to go home and get ready for this little cutie's birthday party.
No comments:
Post a Comment