Dubrovnik is a coastal town with a beautiful old city that is surrounded by a huge old wall.
You have to go across a bridge and through a gate to enter the city. The old city has basically one main wide road with little side streets branching off from it. Right when you come into the city there is this huge old fountain.
It used to have something like twenty heads around it that spit out water, now it only has about seven that work.There is an old fortress outside of the city walls up on a cliff. The water is so blue there! I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was.


Here is a picture of the writing. I don't know how anyone could read it.

The highlights of the trip were the gelato (I can't believe I am saying this but I think the gelato we got in Dubrovnik was the best gelato I've ever had!) and getting to walk on top of the city wall. The views were amazing and I loved looking down on all of the little houses from way up there.


We were able to end the day watching the sunset paint the city in a golden wash of color. Such a beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment