Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Last Park Day?

The other day the weather was so nice. When I picked up Chase from school I announced that we would be going to the park after lunch. Chase and Aria were bouncing off the walls. So after lunch we headed over to a park off of 1600 N. in Orem with our friends and next door neighbors, the Petersons. Chase and Michela were off and running as soon as they got out of the car. Aria is getting so big now, she was climbing up everything and testing my mother hovering skills. It's so hard to let this little pint sized girl try out things that seem a bit on the scary side to me as her mother. But she is determined to try out her big girl skills and I've decided to let her go for it. Here she is climbing up a little slide. She started to slip towards the top. I moved in to help her when she yelled, "No Mommy" and got her footing and successfully made it. She was so proud of herself and I was so proud of her too!
Chase made friends with the other little boys there and had a blast racing around the play structure. He is such a little monkey.
It was fun watching Chase be an awesome big brother with Aria. Those two have a love/hate relationship. They can get along so well sometimes and then other times it's pure craziness between them. This day it was all about kindness and love. :) Chase was so good about making sure Aria was safe and taking her for rides down the big twirly slide.

I'm so thankful for the beautiful days we have had this fall. I'm thankful for this beautiful world we have to live in. I'm thankful for beautiful healthy children. I'm thankful for being a Mom. And I'm thankful for the joy I see in my children's faces.

3 comments:

MiNdY said...

It HaS been so nice!! Its good you take the kids out to enjoy it! I should be better about that.. as of late its hard! And I do love the weather but Im so ready for the snow to come!! Bring it on! :)

Anonymous said...

You're such a sweet mom. I need to take advantage of one of the last days too! I'm always a hero when I pull the mini-van up to the park! I just don't do it enough!

The Benches said...

Oh, I miss those kids! Those are some darling shots!