Thursday, April 18, 2013
Hunter is 12!!
Holy cow, how did the past 12 years just fly by?! Hunter is celebrating his 12th birthday today and it seems like just yesterday he was my sweet chubby baby. Hunter was always smiling and his smile still melts my heart today.
We celebrated this morning with pancakes and smoothies. He got to open his present from Grandma Hunt. Legos and some cash for his growing ipod fund.
12 Things to Know about Hunter on his 12th Birthday:
1. He hates to get his haircut! Yesterday we had our neighbor cut his hair and afterwards I asked him how he felt and he said, "Exposed." Ha, ha, ... he is so used to having a big bush of hair on his head.
2. He has a great sense of humor. He is always coming up with the funniest things to say. He's a little on the sarcastic side like his Mama.
3. He still loves Legos. He comes up with some pretty cool creations.
4. He enjoys being a Boy Scout. He loves it all; working on merit badges, serving, and most of all camping with his Dad and buddies.
5. He wants to learn how to make balloon animals and do magic.
6. He is an avid reader. His favorite genre is fantasy. I think he has read all of the Harry Potter books 3 or 4 times. He is always trying to stay up late to read. My favorite is when he tries to act like he fell asleep on his book when I walk in and surprise him.
7. He loves to ride his bike. He, Michela, and his Dad like to go on long bike rides together. The new canal trail is a great way to get around.
8. He doesn't like to try new foods. If there is something new on the table he will stare it down and refuse to eat it if it doesn't smell or look good to him. He is so going to Asia on his mission.
9. He is an awesome big brother. He is a great babysitter and loves to hang out with Laina.
10. He is really smart and got accepted into the advanced learning classes for next year at the Jr. High. He also won the school Spelling Bee this year!
11. He is very responsible. I can always count on Hunter to do what he is supposed to and can trust him to get something done when I ask him to.
12. He is a big goofball. I love it that he doesn't always take life too seriously. He likes to have fun and be silly.
Gosh I love this boy of mine. I am so glad we were blessed with Hunter in our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment