The kids begged to do graham cracker gingerbread houses while we were out in California. My Mom and sister were kind enough to go and get us lots of supplies for the event. A friend of mine told me about how she uses melted sugar to "glue" her crackers together. Basically you just melt some sugar with some water and it makes liquid goo. You have to be fast before it starts to harden and watch out that you don't burn yourself. I glued the houses together and I thought they weren't going to stay together, but once the sugar hardened they were as sturdy as can be!
Everyone came up with such cute and unique designs. I love seeing the kids' creative juices flowing.
Aria did hers all by herself this year and I think she did a fantastic job.
I think Hunter used every kind of candy.
Chase's was probably the heaviest.
Michela's was a beautiful work of art.
Laina and I collaborated on our design.
Perfect activity for a winter afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment