Christmas Eve we told the kids that they weren't supposed to come out of their room until 7:00 am. They always try to sneak out early and they end up waking me up in the process. This year I didn't want them waking up Laina too early because then she would be a grumpy mess by lunch. I thought I had finally won when I didn't hear a peep when I walked down the hallway at 6:55. Too my surprise I heard giggling and laughter in the kitchen as I got to the door. Sitting in the dining room were my four monkeys happily eating cereal and rummaging through their stockings.
They had taken the screen out of the bedroom window where they had all been sleeping and climbed out. My sister saw them from the kitchen window where she was working on her dough for sweet rolls. What a bunch of stinkers! I had to laugh at it of course, the persistent little imps, but at least Laina got a full night of sleep.
The morning was spent opening presents. The kids were all so happy to get what they had asked for. Michela got clothes and shoes, Hunter opened Legos and robots, Chase found Legos and a ripstik, Laina got Barbies and Princess Legos, and Aria opened Barbies and a scooter.
The look on her face when she opened that present was the best moment of the morning.
Steve, Shannon, Jaxon, and Jordon all came over a little bit later to open presents. Jaxon was tearing through them and Jordon was more interested in getting into everything but his presents.
After that we started in on our Christmas Brunch. Tiff's sweet rolls, fresh fruit, frittata, and tons of bacon.
Tiff had to make extra bacon because Shannon's pregnancy cravings for bacon are on overdrive lately. It was all delicious!
This was probably the most beautiful weather we have ever experienced in California at Christmas. We got to spend lots of time outside in the sunshine. We got to go on lots of walks, play at the park, and even had a family kickball game. I've never seen anyone kick the ball as far as my brother Kurt and Grandma even played. I had to crack up when Chase got up to kick his first ball and I caught it. He looked at me with utter surprise and yelled, "I didn't know you could catch the ball!" Ha, Ha, … we grownups showed those kids a thing or two that day.
We were excited to go to the BYU bowl game in San Francisco. Mike, Mauri, Michela, Chase, Tiff, Craig, Steve, and Uncle Russ all were able to go. We rode BART over and had a nice walk beside the bay over to AT&T park.
Sadly they lost, but we had a lot of fun together anyways. We had a lot of laughs, got a surprise visit from our friend Tyler, and we will never forget the cry for "Hot Chocolate!"














No comments:
Post a Comment